Friday, January 6, 2012

He Answers Prayer

I was not sure that God would listen or answer my prayers, until my daughter was born.  I didn’t realize how close He was and how he hears us when we call.  My daughter was born premature.  She only weighed one pound and 4 ounces.  The doctor told us she only had a 10 percent chance of survival and that if she lasted through the night her chances would be higher.  She was put on a ventilator, because her lungs were not fully formed.  The story is a long one, and someday I may tell the whole story.  The short version is that daily we depended on the mercy of our Father God.  Every day my little girl had a new struggle, and every day He was there listening to my family cry out to Him.  Through surgery, infection, oxygen struggles He was there to carry us.  I am so thankful that I have a God who answers when I need Him.  I am so thankful that today my daughter is 11 and she is so healthy.  No one would ever suspect that she had such a traumatic entry into our world.  He is our HEALER!  He is our SALVATION!  He is our SAVIOR!  He is my FATHER GOD!  He holds my hand through the trials and tears and He alone sees me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment